The Health, Safety & Training (HST) Advisor is responsible for organizing and arranging safety, on-the-job, operational, and values training for all employees on the plant site. You will have an interactive role with the Management team while providing support for all employees on the site.
- Assists with safety and operational orientation for all new hires.
- Follow-up with new hires frequently to confirm training requirements are met.
- Engages with employees and the management team to create and maintain employee career development plans and training needs.
- Conduct mill safety reviews, complete investigations and audits where needed, and monitor compliance issues in conjunction with direction from the Corporate Safety Department.
- Provide guidance in divisional Safety practices, lead Mill Safety Committee meetings, encourage participation in HS practices among workers.
- Responsible for training the trainers and ensuring all trainers know the basic requirements of Canfor on-the-job and operational training.
- Works with Management to ensure excellent employee relations including open communication and follow-up to employee concerns.
- Development and coaching support for staff and employees.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in training & development in a health and/or safety role.
- College degree in Business or an Industrial related field is considered an asset and additional safety course work preferred
- Industrial manufacturing experience considered an asset
- A high degree of personal motivation and the drive to exceed expectations
- Experience in managing Safety Programs
- Champion of safety at all times and a subject matter expert in OSHA regulations and safety best practices
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Effective communicator with strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Exceptionally organized and customer service oriented
- Working knowledge of web-based computer applications and Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
This operation joined Canfor in 2015 following our acquisition of Anthony Forest Products and plays a key role in Canfor’s growing presence in the US South. The town of Washington, GA, nestled approximately 100 miles east of Atlanta, is a small town with a rich history. The wealth of antebellum homes tell stories of life before the Civil War and the natural beauty surrounding the town help residents and visitors reap the benefits of a relaxed pace of life. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/washington-ga